In the past decade, privacy and data security concerns have both created increased risks for and spurred increased regulation of financial institutions, payment processing companies, data brokers, third-party technology service providers, and others in the FinTech sector.
On January 24, WilmerHale Partners Jonathan Cedarbaum, Robert Finkel, and Heather Zachary discussed recent developments that are likely to have the greatest impact on how companies in this sector do business.
View the Webinar Recording
View the Presentation Materials
Topics of discussion included:
- Storage and processing of data in the cloud
- New regulations on mobile devices and apps
- Data security as a national security priority legislation and Executive Branch initiatives
- Data security and corporate governance
- The lawful use of "big data"
- Moving data across borders
Please visit our FinTech Group and Privacy and Information Security Group pages for more information.
FinTech Webinar Series
The WilmerHale FinTech Webinar Series includes complimentary one-hour presentations on the latest legal developments affecting the financial services and technology industries. Attorneys from WilmerHale's FinTech Group provide brief overviews on current trends and new regulations that are changing the business landscape. CLE credit is offered.
Contact us to receive updates on future webinars.