The International Arbitration Institute, offered by the New York City Bar Association, is a single-day program on current issues and developments in the field of international arbitration, which was described in a recent New York Times article as a "rising wave" in the legal world. Honorable Judith Kaye, former Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals, will deliver the Keynote Address. In addition, speakers include lawyers and arbitrators from some of the world's leading law firms and arbitral organizations. Every continent except Antarctica will be represented.
Topics will include:
- Trends in international arbitration
- Whether and where to arbitrate
- Selecting the arbitration panel
- Practical aspects of complex matters
- Examination of witnesses
- The mediation perspective
- Presenting expert evidence
- Remedies and enforcement
- Ethical and other considerations
WilmerHale Senior Counsel James H. Carter will be a panelist for the session entitled, "Selecting the Arbitration Panel."