Partner Mick Bain and Counsel Janene Ásgeirsson will present a strategy and leadership class for Intelligent.ly on Monday, January 28, 2013. Intelligent.ly hosts classes for entrepreneurs and provides tips to enhance leadership, technology and management skills. The organization connects entrepreneurs and professionals with experts, in a hands-on classroom learning environment.
The class, “Legal Land Mines: Starting Your Startup,” will review how to avoid the most common costly mistakes when starting a company and provide opportunity for questions. If you misstep early, it could cost you big later, making it more challenging or even impossible to build a successful business. Having worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs and start-ups, Mr. Bain and Ms. Ásgeirsson will cover topics such as:
- Founder equity – Allocation + vesting do’s and don’ts
- Employee compensation and using options
- Capital raising do’s and don’ts
- Using independent contractors and interns and avoiding personal liability
- What type of legal entity is really best for you?