With a boost provided by the JOBS Act and favorable capital market conditions, the IPO window remains open. Before embarking on the IPO journey, however, companies need to understand the key legal and market developments that are reshaping the IPO landscape. This IPO roundtable for C-level officers and general counsel of pre-IPO companies reviewed:
- current and anticipated IPO market conditions;
- legal, financial, accounting and organizational preparation required to go public;
- insights on the SEC review process;
- tips for a successful IPO process; and
- the experiences of companies that have recently gone public.
Panelists included WilmerHale's Mark Borden; Meredith Cross, former director of the Division of Corporation Finance at the SEC; and David Westenberg; as well as Scott Dussault, CFO of Demandware, who led the company's very successful IPO and follow-on public offering; and speakers from Morgan Stanley and EY.