During this program, WilmerHale Partner Gregory Lantier, Counsel Taylor Gooch, and Senior Associates Zach Nemtzow and Laura Powell will discuss open questions regarding the Patent Eligibility Restoration Act of 2023 (“Act”), recently introduced by U.S. Senators Thom Tillis (R-NC) and Chris Coons (D-DE) and what this proposed legislation could mean for Patent Eligibility under 35 U.S.C. § 101.
The panelists will cover:
- The changes that the Act would make to § 101 and how those changes compare to proposed legislation in the past.
- Questions that the law leaves open, including whether the Act will apply to pending applications and issued patents.
- How the courts may interpret previsions of the law, including the scope of patent ineligibility for process claims that are substantially economic, financial, business, social, cultural, or artistic.
- Impact of the law on key technology areas like artificial intelligence and DNA.
- Practical advice for patent drafting and prosecution in anticipation of the Act’s passage.
- What to expect as the Act moves through the legislative process.
During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online. CLE credit will be provided.