Since the inaugural conference in 2006, pharmaceutical patent practitioners from throughout the country and in some instances across the globe have attended this conference to confer with each other and assess the implications and imprimaturs of court cases, legislation, and industry behaviors which affect the patent endgame and the pursuit of related profits. WilmerHale is a sponsor of the event.
On April 26, Partner Kevin Prussia will speak on a panel titled "Holistic Litigation Strategies for Strengthening or Defeating a Written Description Invalidity Defense." The panel will cover the following topics:
- Reviewing Biogen International GMBH v. Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. Appeal No. 20-1933, where the Federal Circuit affirmed invalidity of a method of treatment patent for lack of written description
- Appreciating the importance of inventor testimony and the impact of post-filing clinical data
- When can witness admissions strengthen a written description invalidity defense?
- Identifying when to divide your opponent’s testimony between IPR proceedings and district court litigation
- Considering the dissent and determining whether the district court erred in applying judicial estoppel