During the American Conference Institute's 7th National Conference on CFIUS, government, industry and private practice leaders in national security, international trade, foreign investment and export controls will impart knowledge to overcome key challenges and ensure deal success amidst expanded scrutiny of foreign investments in technology, infrastructure, data and real estate.
WilmerHale Partner Benjamin Powell will speak on the panel "How to Effectively Respond to the Recent Uptick in Enforcement and the Rise of Investigations of 'Non-Notified' Transactions" on Tuesday, April 20 from 4:15–5:30 p.m. ET.
Additional conference highlights include:
- Keynote Address by US Department of Treasury
- A 360 Degree View of Today’s CFIUS Landscape One Year Post-FIRRMA Implementation
- Interactive Think-Tank with CFIUS Alumni: Addressing FIRRMA Pressure Points and Challenges
- Examining New Rules on CFIUS Mandatory Filings: Implications for Critical Technology Investments and the Interplay with Recently Issued Export Control Reform
- Updating Your Mitigation Approach to New and Evolving CFIUS Requirements and Trends
- How CFIUS’s Expanded Jurisdiction Over Sensitive Data is Affecting Deal Reviews, Deal Flows and Mitigation Approaches
- Critical Infrastructure and Real Estate Deals Post-FIRRMA: Impacts of the New Regs, Transaction Pressure Points and Mitigation Strategies
- What to Prepare for and Expect with a Mandated CFIUS Monitor
- Navigating the Current Global Scene: The Latest Developments in Overseas FDI Processes and Strategies for Managing Cross-Border Coordination
- Assessing FIRRMA’s Impact on Investment Deals Involving Private Equity Funds