Join WilmerHale for the next session of our 2018 Cybersecurity, Privacy and Communications Webinar Series. While corporations have been focused on coming into compliance with the EU’s GDPR, keeping up with EU developments in the process of coming to a final EU ePrivacy Regulation, and beginning compliance efforts for the new California Consumer Privacy Act, countries in Asia and Latin America have been busy proposing and enacting a host of privacy and data security laws that have largely fallen under the radar. In this webinar, Partner Reed Freeman and Senior Associate Nicole Ewart will focus on the proliferation of privacy and data security laws in recent years in Asia and Latin America. Specifically, they will address:
- China’s Cyber Security Law;
- South Korea’s Personal Information Protection Act and Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilisation and Information Protection;
- Japan’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA);
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill; and
- Indonesia’s Law No. 11 of 2008 regarding Electronic Information and Transactions, as amended by Law No. 19 of 2016; Regulation No. 82 of 2012 regarding Provisions of Electronic Systems and Transactions and its implementing regulation; and Regulation No. 20 of 2016 on Personal Data Protection in Electronic Systems.
- Brazil’s General Data Privacy Law;
- Argentina’s Personal Data Protection Act;
- Peru’s Personal Data Protection Law; and
- Chile’s Law on Protection of Personal Data, recent constitutional amendment and draft data protection legislation.
View the Webinar Recording
*CLE credit is not available for those who watch webinar recordings.