This unique program will give you the background and tools necessary to deal with white collar cases and civil enforcement actions, and to design and implement effective compliance and risk management strategies. You will hear directly from current and former high-level officials in many of the country's top enforcement agencies—including the US Attorney's Offices for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, and the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and the New York Attorney General's Office—as well as in-house counsel and leading defense practitioners, about the current and future priorities for the government and the practical implications for your company or clients. WilmerHale Partner Anjan Sahni will discuss “Policing the Markets: Updates on Securities Investigations and Enforcement.”
What you will learn:
- Hear an update on the SEC's enforcement priorities, including fraudulent sales practices, accounting violations, high-frequency trading issues, and insider trading.
- Learn the Implications for individuals and corporations in the Yates Memo era.
- Congressional investigations: How to manage enforcement and business risks.
- FCPA investigations and enforcement: Discover the main developments and updates.
- Key takeaways from the lessons from recent white collar trials, and risk areas that compliance and in-house lawyers should be prepared to address.
- Review of criminal antitrust investigations and enforcement: trends and developments.