Over the last few years, an unprecedented number of prominent M&A deals have failed or been renegotiated due to regulatory hurdles, financing failures and other alleged closing condition failures. In this environment, M&A practitioners simply cannot overlook the importance of deal certainty in their M&A transactions, whether large or small. During this program, attendees will learn important strategies for achieving deal certainty in an uncertain M&A environment.
The panelists will share their latest strategies for:
- navigating the antitrust framework, including:
- identifying antitrust risk early in the process
- putting your best foot forward with regulators
- implementing divestitures and other remedies
- addressing the unique issues presented by non-US buyers
- structuring deals to minimize closing risk
- minimizing financing risk
- drafting critical provisions in the merger agreement
WilmerHale Partners Joe Conahan, Andrew Bonnes and Hartmut Schneider will be panelists at this event.