Recruitment at WilmerHale
We are committed to attracting an exceptional and diverse group of lawyers and law students. This progress is reflected in the composition of our partner, counsel and associate ranks, but begins with our summer associate program.
We participate in and sponsor numerous programs that bolster our recruitment of women, lawyers and law students of color, and LGBTQ candidates. These programs include job fairs in cities near our US offices such as the Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair, Bay Area Diversity Career Fair and Lavender Law Job Fair.
We are also involved with diversity pipeline initiatives, which include:
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO): We host a group of entering first-year law students as SEO interns each year before they start law school. These interns are included in the firm’s summer associate program, spending 10 weeks gaining practical experience working on substantive legal projects.
- Law Preview: Through this program, we provide 50 scholarships for first-year law students from underrepresented backgrounds each year.
- Practice Pro: We support Practice Pro’s 1L Diversity Scholar Program, which provides coaching, training and recruiting opportunities for law students from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Boston Lawyers Group: Through this organization, we work with historically underrepresented law students and annual host a 1L scholar in our Boston office.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD): We partner with a client that is also an LCLD member to host a 1L LCLD scholar for part of the summer in our Washington DC office and part of the summer in the client’s office.