Olga Braeuer is a counsel in the Litigation/Controversy Department, and a member of the International Arbitration Practice Group. She joined the firm in 2010 and focuses on international arbitration and dispute resolution.
Ms. Braeuer focuses on international arbitration and dispute resolution. She has represented clients in complex multi-jurisdictional disputes governed by a broad variety of substantive and procedural laws, of both civil and common law jurisdictions. She has acted as counsel as well as secretary to the tribunal in ad-hoc arbitrations and before major arbitral institutions (including ICC, DIS, VIAC, NAI, CAS), at multiple seats and governed by a variety of substantive and procedural laws.
Ms. Braeuer has broad experience in the fields of commercial arbitration, covering a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, luxury consumer good, pharmaceuticals and energy. Her experience covers an extensive range of commercial disputes, including those arising out of joint venture, shareholder, licensing and distribution agreements. In addition to international commercial arbitrations, Ms. Braeuer's practice includes sports arbitration.
Prior to joining WilmerHale, Ms. Braeuer held a clerkship at the Berlin Superior Court of Justice for two years. She has been awarded a Master of Laws with focus on International Commercial Arbitration and conflict of laws at the London School of Economics and Political Science. During her legal training, Ms. Braeuer worked for the Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations in New York.
- Representation of Swatch Group in an international arbitration against Tiffany. In December 2013, the tribunal found that Tiffany had breached a long-term cooperation agreement with Swatch Group, that those breaches were material and that Swatch Group was entitled to prematurely terminate the cooperation. The tribunal proceeded to award Swatch Group lost profits in the amount of USD $480 million, and it dismissed counterclaims by Tiffany for USD $500 million.
- Representation of a global pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration governed by Japanese law
- Representation of a leading German energy provider in a DIS arbitration governed by German law
- Representation of a leading pharmaceutical company in a patent dispute under the WIPO Rules governed by Swiss law
- Representation of a global pharmaceutical company in a VIAC arbitration governed by Austrian law
- Representation of a leading telecommunications company in a series of joint venture disputes in Eastern Europe under the Vienna Rules, sited in Vienna, with an amount in dispute of several billion euros
Ms. Braeuer is a member of the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF), the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS and DIS Below 40), the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG), ICDR Young & International, and the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA Below 40).
LLM, with Merits, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2010
Second State Exam, Berlin Superior Court of Justice, 2010
First State Exam, Westfälische Wilhelms University, Münster, 2007
Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris, (Sciences Po), 2005
Rechtsanwältin, Germany, Celle
Registered European Lawyer, England and Wales
Berlin Superior Court of Justice, 2007 - 2009