Andrew Goldman is co-chair of the firm's Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group, resident in the New York office. He is comfortable handling bankruptcy-related litigation and corporate issues. Having practiced in the field for more than 25 years, Mr. Goldman is a seasoned bankruptcy litigator and counselor whose practical insights and analytical abilities enable him to fashion strategy and form consensus in the most complicated of restructuring environments.
Mr. Goldman's practice is broad ranging, and includes representation of large public company debtors, creditors' committees, DIP lenders, acquirers and individual institutional creditors, in both out-of-court workouts and formal restructuring processes (both domestic and of the cross-border type).
Mr. Goldman was selected for the 2010 and 2011 Editorial Advisory Board for Bankruptcy Law360. He is a member of the Brooklyn Law School Zaretsky Roundtable, and guest lectures the advanced Business Reorganizations' class at Brooklyn Law School as well.
- Representing the Walt Disney Company in connection with the chapter 11 cases of The Weinstein Companies.
- Representing Wilmington Savings Fund Society, in its capacity as successor agent, in connection with out of court financing provided to Westmoreland Coal Company.
- Representing Wilmington Trust, in its capacity as indenture trustee for the senior secured notes issued by Cobalt International Energy
- Represent Ad Hoc Committee of GMH Rollover Notes issued by Interface Security Solutions
- Represent Wilmington Savings Fund Society as Successor Trustee and Collateral Agent for the 10.5% Senior Secured Notes issued by Avaya, Inc.
- Representing GLAS USA as successor Credit Agreement Agent for the $2 billion PIK Loan issued by Ecobat and EB Holdings
- Represent Euroclear Bank NA/SV in its capacity as clearing agent for various tranches of bonds issued by Petroleos de Venezuela, SA (“PDVSA”)
- Represent Euroclear Bank NA/SV in its capacity as clearing agent for various tranches of sovereign bonds issued by the Republic of Argentina in SDNY litigation and related matters
- Represent Newfound Research LLC in connection with fraudulent conveyance litigation commenced by the Liquidating Trustee of F-Squared Investment Management.
- Represented former reporters of Gawker Media in connection with Gawker's chapter 11 proceedings
- Represent GoldenTree Asset Management in connection with secured loan facility provided to SFX Entertainment
- Represent Cross Sound and Pentwater, as holders of bond debt, in connection with the chapter 11 proceedings of Venoco, Inc.
- Representing Wilmington Trust, in its capacity as indenture trustee for the 9.5% senior secured notes issued by Essar Steel Algoma, Inc.
- Representing Delaware Trust, in its capacity as indenture trustee for the 8.75% second priority senior secured notes issued by Verso Corporation
- Representing Wilmington Trust, in its capacity as indenture trustee for the 5% guaranteed convertible senior secured notes issued by SunEdison, Inc.
- Representing MV Transit in connection with its section 363 purchase of certain assets of Coach America
- Representing Transportation Management Systems in the pending section 363 purchase of certain assets from Coach America
- Representing the creditors' committee of Altegrity, Inc.
- Representing the creditors' committee of Getty Petroleum Marketing
- Representing the second lien lender steering committee of Bicent Power
- Representing Angelo, Gordon & Co. in Tribune Company Chapter 11 case
- Representing Bainbridge ZKS in connection with its section 363 acquisition of PCAA Parent Corp.
- Representing PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in connection with its section 363 acquisition of the commercial business of BearingPoint Inc.
- Representing Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. in connection with its 2009 tender offer for various tranches of convertible notes
- Representing Constar International in connection with its prearranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing
- Representing the creditors' committee of Frontier Airlines
- Representing Technical Olympic S.A. in connection with Technical Olympic USA (TOUSA) Chapter 11 case
- Representing Hell Gravure Systems in connection with Quebecor's Chapter 11 case
- Representing Iridium Operating LLC and affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases
- Representing David Stockman, former CEO, in connection with Collins & Aikman's Chapter 11 case
- Representing Basic Element, Inc., in connection with Delphi Automotive's Chapter 11 case
- Representing Primus Telecommunications in various debt transactions and related litigation
- Representing Kmart/Sears Holdings in connection with Kmart's post-confirmation wind-down work, as well as in connection with various governmental investigations and corporate/securities advice and counseling
- Representing Deutsche Lufthansa AG and various subsidiaries thereof (including LSG Sky Chefs and Lufthansa Technik) in various Chapter 11 cases, including United Airlines, Northwest Airlines and Gemini Air Cargo
- Representing GoldenTree Asset Management in connection with the Argentine restructuring of Supercanal S.A.
- Representing Radnor Holdings Corporation as special litigation counsel in its Chapter 11 case
- Representing Credit Suisse (USA) Inc. and various affiliates in connection with the Chapter 7 liquidation of American Business Financial Services, Inc.
- Representing Broadwing Communications in several telecom cases, including Metromedia Fiber, Teleglobe, Touch America and Allegiance Telecommunications
- Representing the creditors' committee of Alliance Entertainment in its Chapter 11 case
- Representing the creditors' committee of Discovery Zone in its Chapter 11 case
- Representing the creditors' committee of CCR Holdings in its Chapter 11 case
- Representing the creditors' committee of Glasstech Holdings in its Chapter 11 case
- Representing Chanin Capital in several Chapter 11 cases, including Adelphia Communications, Atlantic Express, Collins & Aikman, Grove Worldwide, Safety Kleen, Sunbeam, Borden Chemicals, and UPC Polska
- Representing Saybrook Capital Advisors in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of Galvex Holdings, Ltd. and its subsidiaries
- Representing the Chapter 7 trustee of Auto-Tech Holdings in its bankruptcy case
- Representing the Alamo/National Rental Car (ANC) creditors' committee. The nation's third largest rental car company, ANC Rental filed for Chapter 11 in November 2001, suffering from operational problems and a downturn in the domestic travel industry, with over $1 billion in debt.
- Representing PSINet in its Chapter 11 case. A large ISP and web-hosting company with approximately $4 billion in debt, PSINet filed for Chapter 11 in late May 2001. Then, in the subsequent twelve months, PSINet sold virtually all of its assets, resolved several contentious litigations and confirmed a liquidating plan of reorganization that provides meaningful recovery to unsecured creditors. Mr. Goldman continues to represent the PSINet Liquidating Trust in its post-confirmation wind-down process.
- Mr. Goldman was named a leading insolvency and restructuring attorney in 2014 by Expert Guides. In 2012-2018, Mr. Goldman was recognized by Chambers USA for his bankruptcy/restructuring practice. He also received a 2011 Top Attorneys In The New York Metro Area award, was named one of Legal Times' Top 3% Attorneys in the United States for 2009 and named one of the world's leading lawyers in the ninth and tenth editions of the Guide to the World's Leading Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers. In addition, the 2011-2012 U.S. News – Best Lawyers cited a client of Mr. Goldman's as saying he "is the most responsive outside counsel you will ever work with, hands down. Andy Goldman learned our business and was able to foresee issues and craft strategies. We were never a cookie-cutter deal to him.” In the 2010 U.S. News – Best Lawyers rankings, Mr. Goldman's client David Amy with Sinclair Broadcast Group stated that "the depth of knowledge and responsiveness of lawyers at WilmerHale was superb. In hindsight, they were the best choice and I would not have wanted anyone else playing such a crucial role for the company."
- Mr. Goldman was named 2018 Insolvency & Restructuring – Advisor of the Year (USA) by Finance Monthly.
- Mr. Goldman was named in the April 2005 issue of Turnarounds & Workouts as an "outstanding young restructuring lawyer – 2005." He was also named to Euromoney's list of Leading Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers for 2007 and 2009, Thompson Reuters New York Super Lawyers' list of Top Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights Lawyers for 2006-2017, and Continental's "Who's Who" of Lawyers and the Global Directory of Who's Who 2009/2010 edition.
Insights & News
JD, Brooklyn Law School, 1992Notes and Comments Editor, Brooklyn Journal of International Law
BS, The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, 1989
The Hon. Tina L. Brozman, US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, 1992 - 1994