WilmerHale provides comprehensive solutions to the intellectual property (IP) business challenges companies face at all stages of growth, involving the acquisition, enforcement or protection of intellectual property. Our lawyers understand how intellectual property relates to a client’s business and utilize that knowledge to help our clients realize the value of their intellectual property. Our IP practice counsels clients on patent drafting and prosecution, post-grant proceedings including inter partes review (IPR), trademark, copyright and trade secret protection and strategic IP portfolio development. Our IP lawyers also advise clients on complex issues related to the interplay between patents and exclusivity, including Patent Term Adjustment, Patent Term Extension, non-patent exclusivity and Orange Book listings. Unlike most patent practices, we offer interdisciplinary experience in technology transfer and licensing, litigation, sponsored and collaborative research agreements and due diligence.
We support our life sciences clients' business objectives by providing a comprehensive range of services. In addition to working on litigation matters, we provide services including:
- worldwide protection of IP rights;
- strategic patent portfolio development and life-cycle management;
- Patent Term Extension and Orange Book Listing counseling;
- landscape, freedom-to-operate, patentability, validity and infringement opinions;
- IP diligence in connection with public and private offerings and mergers and acquisitions; and
- the implementation of strategies using ex parte reexamination, inter partes review and post-grant review to challenge or defend issued patents.