Clients rely on WilmerHale to help them navigate the multi-faceted compliance obligations that come with adhering to accessibility and accommodations regulations. Whether clients approach this issue from a regulatory, compliance, litigation or government investigation standpoint, our lawyers have the knowledge and experience to provide practical explanations and implement solutions that best fit our clients' needs.
WilmerHale's experienced lawyers counsel a broad range of private and public clients on compliance, enforcement actions and litigation matters involving the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 and 508, The Rehabilitation Act, The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and other federal, state and local laws related to accessibility and accommodations. Our proficiency in these areas is informed by a team that includes former US Department of Justice officials who oversaw the enforcement of these laws and served as counsel on civil rights litigation matters involving the Americans with Disabilities Act and The Rehabilitation Act.
Our extensive knowledge and profound experience with civil rights work positions us to effectively advise clients on complying with accessibility and accommodations laws. Over the years, we have represented clients in matters such as:
- Assisting professional sports teams in navigating issues related to accessibility at stadiums.
- Representing institutions of higher education in developing polices for and ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and The Rehabilitation Act.
- Representing a large national bank in response to a putative class action alleging violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act with respect to website readability.
- Assisting large multinational corporations in navigating issues related to website and mobile application accessibility.
- Representing national standardized testing companies in various government investigations, including under the Americans with Disabilities Act.