Keith Trammell is a leading corporate lawyer who counsels public companies, private equity funds and privately held companies on capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. He is exceptionally skilled at helping clients navigate through negotiated purchase and sales, unsolicited and hostile acquisition proposals, equity and debt securities offerings, leveraged buyouts, corporate restructurings and corporate governance matters.
As a lawyer with a deep understanding of the complex legal market, Mr. Trammell also advises clients on cross-border transactions and securities matters for dual listed companies and foreign private issuers. His transactional and capital markets experience spans a variety of industries, including cable television, consumer products, food and beverage, retail, media and entertainment, energy, mining, healthcare and life sciences.
Before joining WilmerHale, Mr. Trammell was a corporate law and securities partner for 13 years at another international law firm where he represented a broad range of Fortune 500 companies, private equity sponsors and sponsor-backed companies, and headed that firm's regional Consumer Products and Food and Beverage practice.
Mr. Trammell is passionate about public school education reform and serves as a trustee for one of the highest performing public charter school operators in the Denver Public Schools. He also coaches youth sports, is a world-ranked amateur triathlete and marathoner, and an avid endurance athlete.
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, STRIVE Preparatory Charter School
- Chair, Denver Zoo Do at the Zoo Corporate Fundraising Committee, 2007–2009
- Member, Board of Directors, International and National Voluntary Service Training Program, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2005–2006
- Member, Denver Zoo Young Professional Fundraising Committee (Wild Things Society), 2003–2006
- Member, Denver Active 20/30 Children's Foundation, 2003–2004
Mr. Trammell is a member of the American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association and Denver Bar Association.
- Representing Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE) in its merger agreement with Cineworld Group PLC, the UK's largest cinema operator, for $5.9 billion.
- Represented Nordstrom family in connection with potential going private transaction with Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE).
- Representing Vail Resorts (NYSE) in its pending acquisitions of Okemo Mountain Resort, Mount Sunapee Resort and Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
- Representing Vail Resorts in its pending acquisition of Stevens Pass Resort.
- Represented Vail Resorts in its acquisition of Stowe Mountain Resort.
- Regular outside counsel to Mountaingate Capital, a leading private equity firm in investments in HS2 Solutions and Elite SEM.
- Represented HS2 Solutions in acquisition of LunaMetrics.
- Represented Elite SEM in acquisitions of OrionCKB and Email Aptitude.
- Representing Brigade Energy Services in acquisitions of various oil field services businesses across the United States.
- Represented an SEC reporting medical device company target in its $1.2 billion sale to KKR, related debt tender offer, and acquisitions.
- Represented ARCA biopharma (NASDAQ) in acquisition of Nuvelo, Inc. and related proxy solicitation.
- Represented Liberty Dialysis, the third largest dialysis clinic operator in the United States, in acquisition of Renal Advantage, Inc.
- Represented Local Insight Media, L.P., a platform company of Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, in various acquisitions.
- Represented Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ), in its acquisition of International Royalty Corporation valued at C$749 million.
- Represented BHP Billiton (NYSE) in its sale of Navajo Mine to Navajo Nation.
- Represented TransMontaigne, Inc. (NYSE), in multiple cross-border transactions involving sales of terminal and pipeline assets.
- Ranked as a leading Corporate/M&A lawyer in Colorado in the 2018 edition of Chambers USA, and was recognized as a 2017 “Up and Coming” lawyer in the space
- Named among the 2015–2018 Best Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyers by 5280 Magazine
- Selected as a Barrister's Best by Law Week Colorado, Best Private Equity Lawyer (2016, 2017), Best Securities Lawyer (2017) and Best Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer (2017)
- Recognized as Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers (2009–2013)
- Recommended in 2011 by The Legal 500 United States for Capital Markets: Equity Offerings
Insights & News
JD, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2000
Technical Editor, Denver Journal of International Law and Policy
BA, University of Colorado, 1995
summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa