James B. Lampert was a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property Department, and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. He joined the firm in 1985 and retired in 2012. Mr. Lampert served as chair of the IP Department from its inception until 2006.
Mr. Lampert has extensive experience in the areas of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition matters. Within the Litigation/Controversy Department, he was a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lampert was a partner for the Boston law firm of Fish & Richardson. He was a captain in the US Army Corps of Engineers from 1964 to 1966.
Mr. Lampert was admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the United States Court of Federal Claims.
Mr. Lampert was an adjunct professor of law at the Boston University School of Law and, for 15 years, taught courses on patent law and trademarks and copyrights.
Honors & Awards
- Named the 2012 "Boston Patent Law Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America
- One of a few Massachusetts intellectual property lawyers who has been listed in each edition of The Best Lawyers in America since 1991
- Selected as a "patent law expert" in the Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Patent Law Practitioners2007
- Recognized for his exceptional intellectual property practice by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in 2005
- Named a "New England Super Lawyer" (formerly "Massachusetts Super Lawyer") in intellectual property law in the 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 issues of Boston Magazine
Insights & News
JD, Harvard Law School, 1964magna cum laude
BS, Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1961
United States Supreme Court
United States Patent and Trademark Office