Erika Robinson is a partner in the Transactional and Securities Departments. Ms. Robinson serves as co-chair of the firm's Capital Markets Group and is a member of the FinTech Group. Her corporate and securities practice focuses on public company counseling, capital markets transactions and commercial finance. Ms. Robinson, who joined the firm in 1995, is a member of the firm's Management Committee.
Ms. Robinson manages a wide range of capital markets transactions, including public and private equity and debt offerings (representing issuers and underwriters), tender and exchange offers, and other corporate restructurings. She handles various other commercial finance and restructuring transactions, such as credit facilities and commercial paper programs. She also advises public companies and broker-dealers on SEC compliance and reporting, as well as corporate governance matters and internal investigations.
Recent corporate finance transactions
- Numerous underwriter securities offerings, private placements and PIPE transactions, including common stock, preferred stock, senior and subordinated notes, Eurobonds, second lien secured notes, as well as related restructuring transactions for Akamai Technologies, Analog Devices, Casella Waste Systems, Danaher Corporation, Dean Foods Company, Discovery Communications, Eaton Vance, Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation (Farmer Mac), Fortive Corporation, Hasbro, Lending Club Corporation, Medtronic, Morgan Stanley, Perkin Elmer, Red Hat, Staples, State Street Corporation and State Street Bank and Trust Company, and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Initial public offerings representing MaxPoint Interactive (underwriters) and The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Acquisition financing for CIRCOR International, Thermo Fisher International and others
- Convertible debt investments in early-stage medical device companies representing strategic investor
- Other strategic transactions including spin-offs, tender offers, and mergers and acquisitions for Hilton Worldwide (sale of equity interest by controlling stockholder), Dean Foods Company (dividend recapitalization transaction and spin-off of WhiteWave), Staples (sale to private equity sponsor) and others
- Recommended in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Legal 500 United States for finance, specifically in the areas of capital markets: debt offerings, capital markets: equity offerings, and M&A/corporate and commercial: corporate governance
Insights & News
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1994magna cum laude Executive Editor, The Tax Lawyer
BA, Harvard University, 1989
District of Columbia