Professional ActivitiesMr. Coolidge was a member of the District of Columbia, US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, and the United States District Court for the District of Columbia bars. He was also a member of the litigation and securities sections of the American Bar Association.
Some of Mr. Coolidge's representative matters included:
- Representation of major broker-dealer firms and individuals in SEC and SRO investigations alleging violations of antifraud, trading, anti-money laundering and member conduct statutes and rules.
- Representation of individuals, broker-dealer firms and independent auditors in private securities class action lawsuits arising out of mortgage-backed securities offerings, financial statement disclosures, and reorganization and corporate control matters.
- Representation at trial of a Swiss bank in defending customer claims arising out of defalcations of customer assets by an SEC-registered investment advisor.
- Representation of an options trading firm in pursuing FINRA arbitration claims against a hedge fund.
- Representation of individuals in SEC, DOJ and FINRA investigations relating to the Oil-for-Food program and trading of credit default swaps.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2008-2012, 2015 and 2016 editions of the Best Lawyers in America for corporate governance and compliance law
Insights & News
JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 1977Associate Editor, California Law Review
BA, Yale University, 1974magna cum laude
District of Columbia