Human resources professionals and general counsel at companies large and small will face new laws, ground-breaking decisions and other challenges as they head into 2011. To keep you informed of important issues in employment law and what employers should be thinking about as they head into 2011, WilmerHale invites you to our fall 2010 Employment Law Update.
Topics will include:
- protecting trade secrets, confidential information and good will through non-competition agreements and other means;
- reviewing pay practices in light of recent legislative developments;
- how to conduct an internal investigation;
- immigration law updates;
- updates on employment discrimination, arbitration, retaliation, and wage and hour; and
- legislative developments in Massachusetts, including changes to the Personnel Records Statute and the CORI law, as well as federal legislative developments, including changes to the FMLA, the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Act and the fallout from the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.