The Knowledge Group has developed a panel of key thought Leaders and practitioners to help companies understand the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) rules for patent acquisitions, including the new rules of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for exclusive pharmaceutical patent licenses. The program will cover the most significant topics involved along with a Q&A panel to whom the attendees' questions will be addressed.
Topics discussed will include:
- The HSR Act: An Overview
- The "Size of Transaction" Test
- The "Size of Parties" Test
- Patents as "Assets" Whose Acquisition May Be Reportable
- Patent Acquisitions in the Pharmaceutical Industry: What Is New and What Is Not under the Amended Rules?
- Impact and Key Risks
- Compliance Issues
- Up-to-Minute Regulatory Updates
WilmerHale Partner Hartmut Schneider is a featured speaker at this event.