Starting a new company is hard, but putting in place the right legal framework for your business doesn’t have to be. Dive deep into the most important issues relating to founders’ equity with insight from Janene Ásgeirsson, a start-up lawyer from WilmerHale. Having worked with numerous entrepreneurs and start-ups, Ms. Ásgeirsson will answer the questions that you haven't even thought to ask.
Discussion topics will include:
- rights and protections related to founders' equity;
- allocating ownership: what to think about in advance;
- typical terms of founder agreements;
- vesting and acceleration: do’s and don’ts; and
- VC expectations with respect to the founding team.
The class will end with an open Q&A session where you can get the answers to your burning start-up legal questions.