As the 2014 proxy season draws to a close, it is time for corporate legal departments to closely examine what they can glean from the results. Please join WilmerHale Partner Lillian Brown and Covington & Burling Partner Keir Gumbs, who will provide a summary of the hot topics and trends to emerge from this proxy season. In addition, trends among shareholder activists and the major developments in board engagement with shareholders will be covered. The impact of proxy advisory firms on the voting season will also be examined. Finally, attendees will receive an overview of what to watch for when preparing for the 2015 proxy season.
To gain a better understanding of the hot topics and developments from this year’s proxy season, please join InsideCounsel for this live, interactive webcast sponsored by Bloomberg BNA. Topics to be covered will include:
- a summary of key shareholder proposals, including hot topics and a summary of key shareholder proposal no-action requests;
- shareholder activism and engagement, as well as shareholder proposal litigation;
- the impact of ISS’ recommendations and voting guidelines;
- upcoming SEC rules and regulations; and
- tips for the 2015 proxy season.