WilmerHale Partner Michael Levitin will speak on a panel offering insight on strategy, tactics, and responsibilities in handling a public company sale, while considering the facts of actual transaction. The panel includes deal counsel and a director of the acquired company. These points will include:
- How should a company respond to an unsolicited “bear hug” letter?
- When should a company adopt a “poison pill” in response to a hostile inquiry?
- If a Board receives a “compelling” offer that it wants to accept, must it still shop the company?
- How does a “go-shop” process work?
- What are reasonable defensive measures for a deal?
- How should a Board conduct itself to minimize shareholder litigation risk?