WilmerHale Partner Susan Muck will participate in a virtual discussion titled "Whistleblowers: Best Practices in a New Regime" on February 8, 2022.
More than $1 billion has now been awarded under the SEC's whistleblower program — and the Commission continues to announce record-setting awards. Companies need to get ahead of the new normal in light of the possibility that the SEC's current penalty posture signals a willingness to grant more awards, and that recent data and high-profile incidents show employees are more willing to submit tips.
Among other topics, this program will cover:
- Basics of Whistleblower Policies
- Whistleblower Rule Amendments
- Latest Trends from the SEC
- Cultivating a Compliant Corporate Culture
- Nuts & Bolts of Handling Whistleblower Complaints
- Whistleblower Complaint Documentation
- Communication with the Board
- Whistleblowers & ESG