The Africa Energy Arbitrators' Forum (the AEA Forum) is organized by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC) and supported by the School of International Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London (SIA-QMUL). Its mission is to promote better dispute management and resolution in Africa's energy projects. In September 2021 an exciting and practical training course for dispute practitioners who wish to pursue opportunities in energy arbitration will take place. Participants at the Preliminary Training and Competition (PRETRAC) 2021 will gain:
- Practical training in the management and resolution of energy disputes, using case studies inspired by real life situations.
- Career guidance by leading experts in the management and resolution of energy disputes.
- The opportunity to participate in a competition with a chance to win sponsored internships with international law firms.
- High performers in the PRETRAC-2021 competition will be recognized in LACIAC's list of energy disputes experts.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation.