Join Northwestern Pritzker School of Law this fall for a three-day virtual event combining two of their nationally recognized Institutes: the Corporate Counsel Institute and the Ray Garrett Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute. This event will feature topics in corporate and securities law, including M&A, corporate governance, and SEC updates. This programming is relevant for both in-house and firm professionals.
Stephanie Avakian, chair of WilmerHale’s Securities and Financial Services Department, will be participating in the virtual conference as a panelist in the session titled “’Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes’—The SEC Under Biden” on Thursday, September 23 from 10–11 a.m. CT. This panel will feature a roundtable discussion among former SEC leaders covering everything from disclosure to enforcement priorities, including:
- Key priorities for the Divisions of Enforcement and Corporation Finance
- ESG—The SEC’s current focus on disclosure, rulemaking and enforcement
- SPACs and de-SPACs—current state of the market after the SEC’s statements
- Principles-based disclosures, materiality and where the SEC may be headed
- Current enforcement priorities and expectations regarding enforcement activity