The changes and challenges for collateral, margining and derivatives (CMD) operations show no sign of slowing down. Every day there is growing evidence that CMD is moving toward a future that has adjusted to the complexities of centralized and non-centralized clearing, initial and variation margining requirements, new regulations governing more aspects derivatives transactions, and disruptive technologies that could lead to a far more efficient future. The CMD Ops 2018 conference will help you focus on the top challenges confronting the industry such as:
- optimizing the enterprise-wide flow of data for CMD securities operations;
- using a wider array of collateral to give market participants more choices that will ease the collateral management burden;
- the best way to manage multiple vendors amid industry chaos;
- how disruptive technologies could overhaul CMD operations and complexities; and
- ways to finally crack the glass ceiling of manual processing that impedes CMD progress.
WilmerHale Special Counsel Petal Walker will serve as chair of CMD Ops 2018 and speak on the panel “How to Juggle IM Regs & SIMM Updates.”