A panel of experts will be on hand to answer questions regarding anti–money laundering (AML) and the gaming industry. The event will cover the current challenges in AML compliance, with topics such as:
- How FinCEN's CDD rule impacts the gaming industry
- Issues with suspicious activity reporting and currency transaction reports
- State legalization of marijuana and AML challenges for the gaming industry
- "Skin" betting: when does betting using virtual items implicate money laundering and gambling laws?
- Individual liability for AML compliance officers
- Alternative payment methods; crypto-currencies and the AML implications of accepting digital currency for gaming transactions
- Understanding source of funds
- Inter-institution transfers across borders—ensuring your organization is in compliance with AML laws
- Sports betting and AML risks
WilmerHale Partner Sharon Cohen Levin will moderate a panel entitled, "AML Compliance: Essentials of Anti–Money Laundering" on Thursday, October 11.