WilmerHale Partner David Gammell will participate in this roundtable. The following topics will serve as guide for the roundtable discussion:
- What are areas of focus and desired outcomes for new technologies, including blockchain/distributed ledgers, “smart” contracts, machine learning and artificial intelligence?
- What is your sense of the time horizon for greater adoption of these technologies? What are the obstacles? What are the accelerants?
- What will be the expected impacts for financial services, including banks, asset managers and financial market infrastructures? How do you think consumers and corporations will benefit?
- What could we expect regarding new entrants, including “shadow banks” and technology companies?
- What role(s) would you see the Federal Reserve playing moving forward, either in our regulator, payment provider or general convener role?
- What impact might you see these changes having on our payment and settlement systems over the long run?