Starting a new company is hard, but putting in place the right legal framework for your business doesn't have to be. Early missteps can cost you big later, making it more challenging or even impossible to build a successful business. During this session, WilmerHale attorneys Gary Schall and Jenna Ventorino, who have worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs and startups, will share tips on how to avoid making common costly mistakes when starting a company. The panelists will discuss the following topics:
- Avoiding personal liability
- Legal entity: choosing the best type for your business
- Founders' equity
- Employee compensation and options
- Raising Capital: do's and don'ts
- Independent contractors and interns
Don't make your startup journey any harder than it has to be—learn the legal basics and save yourself headaches, money and wasted effort down the line.