The 9th Annual Advanced Forum on Economic Sanctions Enforcement and Compliance is widely regarded as the flagship event for senior executives and practitioners, who work in the areas of global sanctions compliance, internal audits and investigations, international trade, banking, insurance, forensic accounting and white collar crime. This conference routinely features senior government representatives from OFAC, Department of Justice, Federal Reserve, US Department of Commerce, FDIC and Department of State, and is widely regarded as the best event of the year due to the high level content and valuable networking.
The 2016 program will feature in-depth coverage on:
- Update on easing of sanctions restrictions in Iran and what will be authorized
- Impact of latest sanctions on Russia and what it means for your business
- How a multinational company can stay abreast of various sanctions restrictions, and how to coordinate the rules from multiple government agencies efficiently
- New business opportunities in Cuba
- Lessons learned from recent cases including PayPal, UBS, Credit Agricole and BMO Harris Bank NA
- How to minimize risk and upgrade your sanctions compliance program
- Recent trends emerging from OFAC, DOJ and SEC investigations of sanctions violations
- Latest developments on New York State-level investigations and enforcement actions
WilmerHale Partner Ron Meltzer will be a featured speaker during the presentation "Perception vs Reality: Protecting Your Company Despite Their Eagerness to Pursue New Business Opportunities in Cuba and Iran."