Our government contract counseling and compliance experience includes:
- advising a major technical services contractor on its acquisition of another federal contractor, including due diligence review of the acquired government contracting business, negotiation of purchase agreement representations, and novation of the affected contracts;
- advising a top information technology company on a government audit of compliance with GSA price reduction (most-favored pricing) requirements;
- advising a major university in negotiating a contract to operate a federally funded research and development center;
- counseling a technology equipment supplier on Trade Agreements Act and Buy American Act considerations affecting a contractor’s offshore manufacturing operations;
- counseling small business concerns on eligibility for and rights in technical data and computer software under Small Business Innovative Research Program awards;
- representing a major communications company in qui tam litigation related to alleged improper billing of the federal government for certain taxes and surcharges, in which the district court dismissed the claim for lack of jurisdiction under the first-to-file bar of the False Claims Act and the DC Circuit affirmed the dismissal on appeal; and
- securing a rescission of a termination for default of a $290 million multi-year information technology contract.