WilmerHale’s German Public Policy Practice has long been recognized as a leader in the field and a pioneer in terms of public policy work in Germany. The team has extensive experience in advising clients on the full range of public policy and political issues they face in Germany, including in particular at the Federal level and in key states.
The group includes several former high-ranking German government officials and others with extensive German and European-level experience, with a deep understanding of how governmental institutions and regulatory agencies work, and a strong reputation for integrity and experts in various areas of law.
- Provide advice in politically sensitive transactions and infrastructural projects, especially in regulated markets.
- Realize public private partnerships (PPP) by offering support services to both private entities and the public sector to ensure the successful design of joint projects.
- Provide advice in privatization processes by offering consulting services for selling, restructuring and privatizing processes, both for the acquiring party and the selling party.
- Advise on the national implementation of EU directives
- Strategically develop alternative proposals in drawing up and implementing new laws.
- Provide legal analysis and categorize, in terms of their strategic political orientation, legislative projects in Germany and Europe.