Our corporate team in Beijing has represented clients across a range of industries in many types of business dealings, including real estate transactions and structuring, negotiating and documenting business transactions, and advising on precedent-setting foreign investment transactions. The industries we have experience working with include agriculture, automotive, aviation, chemicals, consumer products, cosmetics, electric power, electronics, energy-related equipment and services, environmental technologies, financial services, logistics, machinery, manufacturing, media, medical devices, mining, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, professional services, publishing, retailing, semiconductors, software and telecommunications. Moreover, the team has substantial experience and relationships throughout China, including Shanghai, Tianjin, Guangdong, Jiangsu and other provinces and localities, in addition to Beijing.
Members of the China Corporate practice are well-versed in counseling clients in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and strategic investments by foreign companies in China, as well as in other general corporate matters. Recently, we:
- Executed business transactions, including structuring, negotiating and documenting all forms of transactions, whether mergers or acquisitions, privatizations, foreign direct investment, project finance or capital markets transactions.
- Established equity and cooperative joint ventures, wholly foreign-owned enterprises and holding companies in different industries.
- Overseen project finance, including representation of developers, lenders, investors and financial advisers in power, telecommunications, oil and gas and other infrastructure projects.
- Represented investment funds and asset management companies in venture capital and private equity investment transactions.
- Advised on petroleum and mineral exploration and development and “midstream” pipeline construction, operation and financing projects and “downstream” manufacturing and marketing activities.
- Served as counsel in real estate development, acquisition and construction contracts.
- Executed technology transfer and other licensing arrangements.
- Counseled clients on protection of intellectual property rights, including trademark, patent, copyright, trade secrets and unfair competition matters.
- Advised on tax law for foreign companies and foreign-invested enterprises.