Peter Dichiara focuses his practice on obtaining and enforcing intellectual property rights, with an emphasis on the electronics, communications, storage and computer industries. He has litigated patents and trade secrets relating to communication systems, computer software, storage systems, digital cameras, electronic security, hard disk drive testing technology, wireless communications, electronic circuits, optoelectronics and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. He has advised clients with regard to post-grant patent proceedings, complex prosecution and portfolio strategy. Mr. Dichiara has provided pro bono services through the Community Enterprise Project of the WilmerHale Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School.
Learn more about Mr. Dichiara's practice and how he can support your startup at WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Mr. Dichiara was previously employed as a senior hardware engineer and a senior software engineer at Digital Equipment Corporation, where he designed CPU and I/O related logic and developed firmware. While working at Digital, he received a patent for one of his circuit designs.
- Mentor, Boston University School of Law students since 1994
- Named a 2013-2017 leading practitioner in patent law by IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2011-2018 editions of the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of litigation - patent and patent law
- Recognized for exceptional standing in the legal community in the area of intellectual property in the 2005-2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, with sources saying he is "very highly thought of" and has "world-class expertise" and offers "brilliant advice"
- Named a "New England Super Lawyer" (formerly "Massachusetts Super Lawyer") in the 2004-2005, 2007-2012 and 2014-2016 issues of Boston Magazine
Insights & News
JD, Boston University School of Law, 1993cum laude
BS, Computer Engineering, Boston University, 1985summa cum laude Tau Beta Pi
United States Patent and Trademark Office