Michael Bevilacqua's practice focuses primarily on technology-related agreements, such as license agreements (principally software license agreements and patent license agreements), development agreements, distribution agreements and joint venture agreements.
Mr. Bevilacqua has a considerable trademark practice, which includes the management of several thousand US and foreign trademark and service mark registrations. He has extensive trademark licensing experience, and has handled numerous trademark oppositions and cancelations.
Boston Copyright Law Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers in America®
Leading Technology and IP Licensing Practitioner
Recommended for M&A/Corporate, Outsourcing and Patents
The Legal 500 United States
- Selected as a 2013-2018 IP Star by Managing IP, a guidebook that identifies leading IP lawyers in the United States
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2012-2018 editions of Best Lawyers in America in the areas of copyright law, intellectual property litigation, patent law and trademark law. In the 2018 and 2014 editions, he was named Boston Copyright Law Lawyer of the Year.
- Recognized as a well-respected and "very practical and solutions-oriented" leading technology and intellectual property: licensing practitioner in the 2007-2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Recommended in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Legal 500 United States for his work in M&A/Corporate and Commercial; Media, Technology and Telecoms: Outsourcing and Transactions; and Intellectual Property: Patents: Licensing
- Named a 2013-2016 leading practitioner in patent law by IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners
- Recognized as a "top tier practitioner" in 2012 by World Trademark Review 1000 in the category of prosecution and strategy
- Selected as one of only 25 recipients of the Corporation Service Company's Trademark Insider Award for achievements in the trademark industry in 2007
- Listed in the 2007 and 2011 editions of Who's Who Legal, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers
- Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in intellectual property law in the 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2013-2017 issues of Boston Magazine
Insights & News
JD, Boston College Law School, 1982
MS, Computer Science, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1979
BS, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Scranton, 1978
United States Patent and Trademark Office