Lia Der Marderosian is a leading corporate lawyer and trusted business advisor who helps clients navigate complex issues unique to the life sciences industry. She leads the firm's Corporate Practice Group as co-chair and has developed an exceptional practice representing life sciences companies—including biotechnology, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies—in a variety of corporate and securities law matters for nearly 20 years.
Ms. Der Marderosian deeply enjoys learning about, and working with, life sciences companies to understand the complexities of their businesses. She provides ongoing counsel to boards, management teams and in-house counsel on general corporate matters, including formation, corporate governance, commercial transactions, financings and SEC compliance matters.
By combining strategic business advice and experienced legal counsel, she provides practical, solutions-oriented advice during all stages of the company lifecycle. Ms. Der Marderosian has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating transactions that will successfully advance a product from the discovery phase to commercialization. She has advised on numerous venture capital and strategic financings, initial public offerings, follow-on and other offerings, PIPEs and mergers and acquisitions.
In addition, Ms. Der Marderosian has a robust startup practice and has advised numerous entrepreneurs and emerging companies from formation to exit. Learn more about Ms. Der Marderosian's practice and how she can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Ms. Der Marderosian is a member of the Board of Directors of Project Bread and is a member of the Board of Trustees of Epiphany School.
Ms. Der Marderosian is a frequent speaker on corporate transactions, governance and other matters relating to life sciences and biotechnology companies.
She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. Ms. Der Marderosian is also a member of the firm's Women's Leadership Initiative and Hiring Committee.
Represents clients ranging from private companies in various stages of development to mature public companies with particular focus on the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors. Clients include Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc., Cerulean Pharma, Constellation Pharmaceuticals, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Spark Therapeutics, Visterra and XTuit Pharmaceuticals.
Ms. Der Marderosian's recent highlights include representing:
- Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc. in its initial public offering;
- Constellation Pharmaceuticals in multiple preferred stock financings;
- Cerulean Pharma in its initial public offering and follow-on offerings;
- Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. in its Series C financing;
- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in multiple preferred stock financings;
- Spark Therapeutics in its initial public offering and following offerings; and
- Visterra in multiple preferred stock financings.
- XTuit Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in multiple preferred stock financings.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States in 2016 for her healthcare: life sciences practice
- Named to the Women's Business Boston's Top 10 Corporate Lawyers list
- Listed as a "New England Super Lawyer" in the 2011 and 2012 editions of Boston Magazine
Insights & News
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1998
BS, Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston, 1995summa cum laude