Ms. Kelly has more than 25 years of broad experience in the human resources field with an emphasis on Employee Benefits. As a Benefits Consultant at WilmerHale since 1996, she provides clients with her extensive experience in the areas of administration, compliance and management of employee benefit programs including defined benefit, 401(k), 403(b) deferred compensation, health and welfare plans.
In addition to her availability as a resource on day-to-day administrative issues, some of the services she provides are:
- Preparation and submission of IRS filings with respect to determination letter requests
- Preparation of Form 5500 and Summary Annual Reports
- Analysis and preparation of filings under the IRS and DOL correction programs
- Nondiscrimination testing and analysis of results for welfare and retirement plans
- Drafting Summary Plan Descriptions and other employee communications
- Review of QDRO’s and QMSCO’s and support to administer such orders
- Review of beneficiary issues
- Review of insurance contracts, service contracts and communication materials
- Design and implementation of document retention programs
- Support for DOL and IRS audits
Prior to joining WilmerHale, she was a Human Resource Manager for a Massachusetts-based holding company with 6,000 employees nationwide and was responsible for all human resources functions including HR Strategy, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Training, Leave Administration, HRIS and Policies.
Ms. Kelly received a BA in Biology from Eastern Connecticut State University, studied Forestry at SUNY at Syracuse University and has pursued graduate studies in human resource management at Harvard University and Bentley College. She has completed the modules on Compensation, Mergers and Acquisitions and Qualified Plans through the American Compensation Association (now World at Work). She was an instructor in the Paralegal Certificate Program at Boston University for several years and has been a speaker in the Bentley College Human Resource Certificate Program.
Insights & News
BA, Biology, Eastern Connecticut State University