Juanita A. Crowley was a partner in the firm’s Litigation/Controversy Department and a member of the Government and Regulatory Litigation Practice Group. She joined the firm in 1978, served as co-chair of the Litigation Department for six years, and retired in 2012. Ms. Crowley's practice focused on internal and government investigations and complex litigation.
Ms. Crowley represented clients in investigations and complex litigation, including matters that involve governmental and reputational considerations. She also represented employers facing allegations of discrimination. She successfully litigated in trial and appellate courts throughout the country.
Professional ActivitiesMs. Crowley was a member of the American Bar Association and has served as a professor at the National Session of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA).
- Represented a regulated company in a multi-pronged governmental investigation and related threatened litigation arising from whistleblower claims
- Conducted an internal investigation for a Wall Street firm regarding allegations of sexual misconduct by a high-level employee, who was, simultaneously, the subject of congressional and regulatory investigations
- Represented a multi-national defense company in an investigation arising out of claims of alleged accounting improprieties
- Defended employers in allegations of discrimination brought against senior executives, including the CEO, CFO and General Counsel
- Represented an international government contractor in civil litigation raising issues of alleged improper pricing
- Represented an international bank in investigations relating to possible ethics violations by senior officials
- Represented a multi-national company and one of its senior executives in an insider trading investigation
Insights & News
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1977Executive Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
BA, Trinity College, 1974Phi Beta Kappa
District of Columbia
The Hon. Herbert F. Murray, US District Court for the District of Maryland, 1977 - 1978