Jordan Hirsch is a partner in the firm's Litigation/Controversy Department and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Hirsch's practice focuses on intellectual property and commercial litigation. He represents clients—such as Intel, Vanguard, Infineon and Eastman Kodak Company—in a variety of jurisdictions across the country. He has successfully tried multiple patent infringement and commercial litigation cases in federal district courts and before the International Trade Commission (ITC). He has also argued appeals to the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Among other victories, Mr. Hirsch has recently: prevailed in a multi-billion dollar patent infringement trial in the District of Delaware; achieved a summary determination victory for his client in an ITC investigation; obtained summary judgment of no damages in a patent infringement action; achieved summary judgment of non-infringement in multiple patent cases in district courts in Delaware and California; and achieved favorable jury verdicts after trials in the Southern District of New York and the District of New Hampshire.
Mr. Hirsch is a member of the Boston Hiring Committee and the Associates Committee and was named a "Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star" for litigation in the 2014 issue of Boston Magazine.
- Achieved a trial victory on behalf of Intel Corporation in a patent infringement suit in which the plaintiff sought $2 billion in damages from our client for alleged infringement of a patent relating to microprocessor circuits. Shortly prior to trial, the District of Delaware granted our client's motion to exclude the testimony of plaintiff's primary damages expert. After a six-day trial, the jury found no infringement on all eight asserted claims.
- Prevailed in a trademark infringement action in the Northern District of California on behalf of a semiconductor company. The defendant agreed to drop its EU, US and Canadian trademark applications, never re-file similar trademark applications in any jurisdiction, and pay damages to our client.
- Obtained a victory on behalf of a cloud-based software company in a patent infringement action involving a device and method for organizing digital images filed by a non-practicing entity.Favorable jury verdict in breach of contract, trade secret trial in District of New Hampshire relating to manufacture of computer mouse products
- Obtained Summary Judgment of No Damages on behalf of client in patent infringement action in District of Delaware
- Argued an appeal of a preliminary injunction award in the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Obtained an affirmance for our client on all rulings.
- Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement on behalf of client in patent infringement relating to digital camera technology
- Obtained summary judgment of invalidity of biopsy device patent on behalf of patent infringement defendant
- Obtained jury verdict invalidating two medical device patents asserted against our client in Southern District of Ohio
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of our client in a breach of contract action in Southern District of New York, resulting in a multi-million dollar damages award
- As first-chair trial counsel, obtained ruling enforcing sanctions award against patent infringement plaintiff who sued our client in District of Massachusetts
- Named a "Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star" for litigation in the 2014 issue of Boston Magazine
Insights & News
JD, Harvard Law School, 2004cum laude
BA, Political Science, Columbia University, 2001summa cum laude Phi Beta Kappa