John Lee provides in-depth counsel to public and private companies based in the United States and abroad on matters concerning corporate and commercial transactions with an emphasis on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments. Mr. Lee's industry experience includes working with clients in the technology, energy and natural resources, financial services, insurance, media and telecommunications sectors.
Prior to joining WilmerHale, Mr. Lee was a corporate associate at the Silicon Valley office of an international law firm. Previously, he held positions at other firms in New York, Hong Kong and Australia, where he concentrated on mergers and acquisitions, investments, divestitures and other corporate transactions. Mr. Lee further expanded his knowledge and experience while on secondment at Peabody Energy Australia.
Before beginning his career in law, Mr. Lee worked at a major international investment bank in New York.
- Represented Gilead Sciences, Inc., a research-based biopharmaceutical company, in its sale of GS-6637 and related assets to Amygdala Neurosciences, Inc.
- Represented Pivotal Software, Inc. in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of substantially all the assets of a software development agency with offices in the US and Singapore, a US-based user experience design agency, and a data and analytics software and services provider in the UK
- Represented a global Fortune 500 technology company in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of substantially all of the assets related to the mobile phone chipset business of a US-based telecommunications company, and the acquisitions of a company developing drone technology and a company specializing in the development of facial recognition software
- Represented Superderivatives, Inc., a US and Israeli-based developer of financial services and data technology, in its $350 million cash acquisition by Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
- Represented a manufacturer of advanced electronic and electrical products in its investment in an early stage Israeli technology company
- Represented a large oil and gas company in a variety of corporate and commercial issues for a $18.5 billion project
- Represented a private equity firm in the development of assets with joint venture partners and a potential ASX listing
- Represented coal mining, exploration and development company Aston Resources on its sell-down of a 10% interest in the Maules Creek Project to J-Power Australia for consideration of A$370m
- Represented an Asia-based private equity firm in a proposed US $110 million convertible debt and equity investment in a dual-listed Canadian oil and gas development public company with projects in Central Asia
Insights & News
JD, Georgetown University Law Center
BS, New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business