Jeremy Dresner focuses his practice on government investigations, internal investigations, regulatory counseling and crisis management assistance. He has significant experience representing corporate and individual clients in parallel enforcement proceedings by multiple government entities, and in connection with congressional matters.
Mr. Dresner regularly works with clients facing complex and high-stakes regulatory and reputational issues, including counseling financial institutions in matters involving anti-money laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance. His investigative experience relates to many prominent topics, including AML/BSA enforcement; consumer financial protection; offshore tax evasion; and fraud, kickbacks and public corruption.
Mr. Dresner has represented companies and major financial institutions, located in the United States and abroad, in criminal, civil, regulatory and congressional matters. His experience includes representing clients before the Department of Justice, the US Congress, the Federal Reserve, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service and Inspector General's offices. Mr. Dresner also has a background in litigation at the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Dresner joined the firm in 2006, and returned in 2008 after serving as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Prior to beginning his legal studies, Mr. Dresner was a political consultant and advised a variety of clients across the country, including candidates for governor and the US Congress.
- Counsel to a global financial institution in connection with criminal, civil and international congressional investigations relating to offshore tax evasion
- Counsel to a global financial institution in a FINRA investigation of its AML controls
- Counsel to major financial services company in connection with a Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations (PSI) inquiry regarding commodities holdings
- Counsel to a global financial institution in connection with a high profile Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and anti-money laundering (AML) investigation by the Senate PSI
- Counsel to major financial institution in connection with a CFPB inquiry regarding the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Counsel to corporate clients in connection with John Doe Summonses issued by the Internal Revenue Service
- Representing corporate and individual clients in connection with investigations by federal agencies and Inspector General's Offices
- Counsel to hedge fund in connection with inquiry by House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Counsel to company in connection with marketing practices inquiry by Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
- Counsel to non-profit organization in connection with testimony before the House Subcommittee on Public Lands and Environmental Regulation
- Counsel to secret service agent in connection with high profile inquiry regarding Presidential visit to South America
- Presenting oral argument in an Eleventh Circuit appeal involving claims of excessive bail and due process violations
- Recognized as a 2016 and 2017 "Rising Star" in government relations by Washington DC Super Lawyers
Insights & News
JD, Duke University School of Law, 2006magna cum laude Order of the Coif
BA, Public Policy, Duke University, 2000cum laude
District of Columbia
The Hon. Susan H. Black, US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2007 - 2008