Jamie Class is a special counsel who advises clients in structuring, negotiating and closing debt financing transactions and restructurings. Ms. Class has more than 20 years' experience representing US and global clients as issuers of and investors in debt instruments in a broad variety of debt financing and restructuring transactions. Over the last year, Ms. Class represented clients in closing transactions aggregating in excess of $10 billion.
Ms. Class is skilled at working with multiple parties to close syndicated secured and unsecured credit facilities, private placements and public offerings of securities, second lien notes, tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, project finance transactions, tax exempt bond financings, acquisition financings, venture debt and convertible notes, and mezzanine financings. Jamie represents clients in debt restructurings, out of court work-outs, the negotiation of intercreditor and subordination arrangements, and bankruptcy matters, including the purchase and sale of distressed assets and debtor in possession financings.
Ms. Class represents clients in a range of other commercial transactions, including derivatives transactions, receivables sales, commercial law matters, letters of credits and other credit support arrangements. Ms. Class is an authority on lien and collateral matters, cross border pledge and acquisition financing transactions and complex debt matters. She also counsels clients on general corporate law matters.
Ms. Class works with clients in a range of industries, including financial services, real estate investment, biotechnology, high tech, emerging energy technology, healthcare, retail and manufacturing.
Learn more about Ms. Class' practice and how she can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Professional ActivitiesMs. Class is a member of the American Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.
Syndicated Loans, Public and Private Placements
- Represented a real estate investment trust in unsecured institutional credit facilities and swap transactions
- Represented a private client in structuring and negotiating a secured margin loan facility
- Represented a publicly traded pharmaceutical company in issuing short term debt, a long term credit facility and unsecured notes, as well as in receivables sales, ISDA master agreements and Dodd-Frank compliance matters
- Closed the contemporaneous issuance of a senior secured credit facility and the public offering of second lien secured and unsecured bonds
- Represented a manufacturing company in closing an institutional credit facility, a 144A note offering and amendments of existing note facilities
- Represented a financial services company in closing a senior secured acquisition credit facility to purchase a publicly traded UK company
- Represented the company in refinancing the term loan B and cross border guaranty and pledge arrangements in connection with tax restructuring arrangements following acquisition
- Represented high tech client in connection with acquisition financing for private target and related swap transactions
Asset Based Lending
- Represented venture fund in securing financing secured by capital call obligations
- Represented clients in receivables financing and true sales transactions
Venture loans, Bridge Loans
- Represented clients in issuing and investing in convertible notes and closing venture debt transactions
- Represented a public company in connection with the issuance of $25 million of tax exempt bonds, and in refinancing to reset interest period
- Represented client in the issuance of variable interest rate tax exempt bonds backed by letter of credit
- Represented client in the issuance of tax exempt bonds issued in a term interest rate period
- Represented clients in project financings of manufacturing facilities funded by federal government loans, loan guarantees and grant programs designed to promote alternative energy technology
- Represented a developer of a water desalination plant in the project financing of a desalination facility in Massachusetts
- Represented a developer in connection with a tax advantaged sale leaseback financing facility to finance solar photovoltaic projects, and in the negotiation of the related site lease, power purchase agreements and project documents
- Represented the first lien agent and a committee of secured first lien bondholders in the out of court restructuring of bonds issued by a leading commodities broker, and in consents and waivers after closing relating to broker acquisitions of additional business lines
- Closed the restructuring of senior secured debt, second lien notes and unsecured subordinated notes through a tender offer and consent solicitation, and a new unsecured note offering
- Advised minority bondholder group in an exchange offer for secured first lien notes
- Represented a group of bondholders in the Chapter 11 reorganization of nursing home facilities
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for her banking & finance practice
Insights & News
JD, Harvard Law School, 1991cum laude
BA, Hampshire College, 1985