Cosmin Maier focuses his practice on intellectual property and appellate and supreme court litigation matters. He represents clients in a wide variety of technologies, including semiconductors, smartphones, digital image processing, storage area networks, Bluetooth communications and plasma generation.
While in law school, Mr. Maier held a summer associate position with an intellectual property firm in Michigan, where he assisted with both patent litigation and patent prosecution. During his graduate studies at the University of Michigan, Mr. Maier participated in research at the Michigan Center for Ultrafast Optical Sciences.
Mr. Maier has served as a graduate student instructor at the Michigan College of Engineering for 4 years.
- Represented leading smartphone maker at trial against competitors in district court and before the ITC
- Represented semiconductor company before the ITC
- Represented razor blade manufacturing company in district court
- Represented educational publishing company in district court
- Represented broadband chip manufacturer at trial in district court
- Represented client in copyright infringement case regarding rights to a documentary about living conditions in Nicaraguan landfill
Honors & Awards
- Named a New York Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in the 2013-2017 issues of Metro Edition magazine
Insights & News
HBX | Harvard Business SchoolCredential of Readiness (CORe), Business Analytics, Financial Accounting, Economics for Managers, with Honors, 2015
JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2007cum laude Executive Submissions Editor, Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review
MSE, Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2004
BSE, Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2003summa cum laude Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Eta Kappa Nu Electrical Engineering Honor Society
United States Patent and Trademark Office