In-house attorneys routinely receive, review and compare alternative fee arrangement proposals and nearly all law firms regularly submit them, but parties often do not follow a disciplined approach to developing a realistic budget. Partners Gregory Lantier, Natalie Hanlon Leh and Mindy Sooter have published a six-part series aimed at providing guidance to ensure that AFA proposals are meaningful and realistic to both clients and outside counsel. In part one of the series, the authors discuss five questions that every law firm should ask their clients before proposing a litigation AFA. Read the full article.
Read the other articles in this series:
- 5 Questions to Ask Firm Before Accepting a Litigation AFA (part two)
- 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Submitting A Litigation AFA (part three)
- 5 Questions Firm Should Ask Before Approving Litigation AFA (part four)
- 5 Questions All AFAs Should Answer Clearly (part five)
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Entering Joint-Representation AFA (part six)