Cynosure (Nasdaq: CYNO) closed a very successful IPO on December 14 to cap off the 2005 IPO season during which WilmerHale handled 11 IPOs — eight as issuer counsel and three as underwriter counsel — in the US and Europe.
Cynosure develops and markets aesthetic treatment systems that are used by physicians and other practitioners to perform non-invasive procedures to remove hair, treat vascular lesions, rejuvenate skin through the treatment of shallow vascular and pigmented lesions and temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. Cynosure’s IPO, which raised $86,250,000, was priced above the estimated price range at $15 per share and has traded up 25-50% since.
Serving as Cynosure’s counsel in the IPO were WilmerHale lawyers David Redlick, David Westenberg, Corey DuFresne, Jason Kropp and Dana Krueger.
WilmerHale’s other IPOs in 2005 were:
- Gas Turbine Efficiency (LSE: GTE) — £5,400,000 — Counsel to Issuer
- Icagen (Nasdaq: ICGN) — $40,000,000 — Counsel to Issuer
- IRobot (Nasdaq: IRBT) — $118,680,000 — Counsel to Underwriters
- NxStage Medical (Nasdaq: NXTM) — $63,250,000 — Counsel to Issuer
- Speedel Holding (SWX: SPPN) — SWX Exchange — Counsel to Issuer
- SPI Lasers (LSE: SPIL) — £12,000,000 — Counsel to Issuer
- SSA Global Technologies (Nasdaq: SSAG) — $113,850,000 — Counsel to Underwriters
- Unica (Nasdaq: UNCA) — $55,200,000 — Counsel to Issuer
- VistaPrint (Nasdaq: VPRT) — $138,220,000 — Counsel to Issuer
- Website Pros (Nasdaq: WSPI) — $68,000,000 — Counsel to Underwriters