Join WilmerHale Partners Jonathan Cedarbaum and Ronald Machen, together with Counsel Matthew Benedetto, for a webinar that will review False Claims Act (FCA) developments in 2017 and look ahead to 2018.
The panelists will look back on noteworthy FCA developments over the past year and discuss developing issues on the horizon for 2018, including:
- significant federal and state court decisions, addressing
- the Supreme Court's 2016 Escobar decision and its standards for establishing falsity, materiality and scienter;
- the first-to-file bar and public-disclosure bar;
- Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 9(b);
- statistical sampling; and
- measurement of damages.
- trends in settlements, by industry and type of claim;
- legislative and regulatory changes at both the federal and state levels; and
- developments in investigation and litigation strategy by whistleblowers, state attorneys general and federal prosecutors.
*CLE credit is not available for those who watch webinar recordings.