Ms. Murphy has experience handling all phases of civil litigation, having taken and defended depositions, prepared witnesses for deposition, drafted discovery and dispositive motions and coordinated electronic discovery. She has also represented clients in mediations and arbitrations.
While at Analysis Group, Ms. Murphy also performed health economics and outcomes research on behalf of a pharmaceutical manufacturers, biotech and medical device companies. She helped conduct a comprehensive study of the economic burden of depression and jointly authored an article published in a respected medical journal on the results of this study.
- Successfully defended a major pharmaceutical company against effort to enjoin merger transaction, persuading the court to reject challenges to alleged inadequacy and unfairness of disclosures and consideration
- Represented major financial institution in federal litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud, and fraudulent inducement in connection with arising from use of a prime broker in a long-short investing strategy
- Favorably resolved claims that a device manufacturer had breached a deferred prosecution agreement
- Defended major financial institution in OCC investigatory and enforcement proceedings regarding mortgage servicing and sworn document collection practices
- Successfully completed investigations by regulatory authorities including the SEC and FINRA of clients accused of insider trading and fraud
Insights & News
JD, Northwestern University, 2008
MBA, Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, 2008
BA, Mathematics and Economics, Trinity College, 2001Phi Beta Kappa