Ed Pease represents entrepreneurs and emerging companies in the technology and financial services industries from formation to exit. He has a substantial practice working with local and national clients, advising founders, startups and venture-backed companies, venture capital funds and buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Pease has successfully represented clients in a variety of complex transactions in the corporate sector.
Mr. Pease advises early-stage technology companies in connection with equity structuring, intellectual property protection, seed stage and venture capital financing transactions and complex commercial transactions, including joint ventures, license agreements and strategic partnerships. Learn more about Mr. Pease's practice and how he can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Mr. Pease represents founders, fund sponsors and investors in the structuring of operating entities and investment funds in the financial services industry.
He has significant mergers and acquisitions experience, having completed buy and sell-side engagements involving more than $10 billion in transaction value.
In addition, Mr. Pease represents venture capital funds, private equity and angel investors in a range of financing transactions. He also advises clients in the structuring and consummation of both equity and debt investments and divestitures. Mr. Pease has recently completed transactions for several leading national and international venture fund clients.
Mr. Pease has considerable experience representing public company clients in connection with SEC periodic reporting requirements, takeover defenses, Board of Directors matters and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Mr. Pease has also represented both creditors and corporations in 363 asset sales, recapitalizations and complex restructuring assignments.
Mr. Pease maintains an active pro bono practice, serving as an advisor to the Board of Directors for nonprofit entities Reach out and Read, Inc. and Prize4Life, Inc.
Mr. Pease is a member of the Boston Bar Association, a mentor with MIT Venture Mentoring Service and a volunteer member of the Town of North Andover Board of Public Health.
Mr. Pease is a frequent speaker on issues relating to venture capital financings, understanding venture capital term sheets and financing options for startup companies.
Mr. Pease has built a diverse portfolio of technology clients, advising entrepreneurs, emerging companies and investors in a wide range of industries-from gaming to energy to medical devices. Recently, he has represented:
- Accomplice (formerly known as Atlas Venture) and various other financial and strategic investors in numerous private placement financings;
- Retroficiency in the negotiation of its successful acquisition by Ecova, Inc.;
- Locu, Inc. in its two-year evolution from a company focused on delivering restaurant recommendations, to its pivot to become a developer of local search products aimed at small businesses, to the company's successful acquisition by GoDaddy;
- Proletariat, Inc. through multiple financing rounds; and
- Sanbolic, an innovator and leader in workload-oriented storage virtualization technologies, in its acquisition by Citrix.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2013-2018 editions of the Best Lawyers in America in the area of corporate law
- Recipient of the ILO Client Choice Award for Massachusetts M&A
Insights & News
JD, Boston University School of Law, 1997Paul J. Liacos Scholar
BS, Journalism, Syracuse University, 1991Newhouse Scholar